These warranties cover manufacturer defects and does not cover wear and tear of the product. Products will be assessed to determine the fault of the product.
Client misuse of any product will void all warranties and will be non-replaceable.
Kindly refer to your Manufacturer User Guide for additional information regarding warranty terms and conditions. It is advisable to keep this Guide in a safe place
Connected Devices (Pty) Ltdi shall not be liable for any loss, cost, claim, or damage of whatsoever nature (excluding injury or death) suffered by the customer in relation to the device, however arising.
All support and/or maintenance offered in relation to the device is either provided by the manufacturer thereof and/or Connected Devices. Connected Devices shall not be liable for any loss, cost, claim, damage of whatsoever nature suffered by the customer in relation thereto including without limitation any failure of the manufacturer to provide same.
- You have 7 days from the date of receipt to return a product to us for any reason whatsoever excluding brand new items marked "Special Import"
- This is in accordance with Section 44 of the ECT Act.
- Section 44 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act is only applicable if you are a natural person – ie/ a human being. You must also be the end user of the product. If you qualify as a consumer under the ECT Act, you may be entitled to cancel some electronic transactions within seven days, without reason or penalty.
- Returning the products is at your own expense. If we arrange a collection of the products from you, these costs will be deducted from the amount that will be refunded to you.
- We require all products to be returned in new, saleable condition with all packaging intact. Handling fees may apply if any of the conditions are not met.
- You will be refunded the purchase price of the goods within 7 days following receipt of your return (less any expenses/fees).
Warranty Return ?
- All products purchased from us have a minimum of a 12 month warranty unless these items are pre-owned. We offer free pick-up for all in-warranty returns. We also offer loan-devices on request.
- In accordance with the terms of the CPA of 2008, assuming you qualify as a consumer, then all of our goods sold to you are sold with an implied warranty of quality against any defects for six months of normal household or business use, from the time we supplied the goods. Accessory warranty periods can vary per product
- We will replace, repair, or refund the price of any faulty products that you return to us during the 6 month mandatory period with the exception of pre-owned items. Accessory warranty periods can vary per product
- For all products where the title states "Local Stock", the full manufacturer warranty is provided, normally a minimum of 12 months.
- For all products where the title states "Special Import", a warranty is provided exclusively by Connected Devices, normally a minimum of 12 months.
- For pre-owned products, a warranty is provided by Connected Devices and/or the manufacturer, normally a minimum of 3 months.
- We recommend returning your device with it's original box and all accessories. In the event your device is replaced and we did not receive the original box and all accessories for your original device, we reserve the right to replace you only with a new device itself and keep back any new box and/or accessories.
- Please ensure that you remove any passwords / pin locks / user accounts on your device before sending it in for warranty. Failure to do so may delay your warranty return in being approved.
- All products will be inspected on arrival to confirm fault.
- If you are unable to be available for a free pick-up of your return, you may also send the item back to us. We only accept items delivered to our physical address or to our Postnet Branch (Oaklands, JHB, 2192); we do not collect from the Post Office.
- Please ensure your item is packaged securely and insured against any loss/damage or theft in transit, if you are sending the item back to us using your own method.
- We will notify you once we have received your return.
- Once the goods have been inspected, if any misuse of negligence has been found, we will notify you and this may prevent us from issuing you part / full refund.
- If you would like your item replaced or repaired, we will notify of the applicable next steps pending your preference.
- If you have opted for a refund, this will be processed to your original payment method unless you have requested otherwise, within 7 working days of receipt of your return. Please allow up to 21 calendar days for Credit Card refunds to reflect depending on your bank.
- You may at any time take a matter up with the Consumer Goods and Services ombudsman via www.cgso.org.za or you may also use any other dispute resolution body and/or take legal action. The procedures recommended for dispute resolution under the CPA do not always apply to every order with us.
- We pride ourselves on the highest level of customer satisfaction by offering incredible service, respecting our customers’ rights and ensuring compliance with best practice and all local legislation.
Web Ship Return ?
- Something wrong with your shipment? That’s embarrassing! We’ll refund you or replace the item that is either incorrect or doesn’t match up to the description on our website.
- There is no additional cost for this.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com within 24 hours following the day of receipt.
Warranty Period ?
- In addition to the statutory warranty on most products (excluding pre-owned), there is an additional warranty period supplied either directly by the manufacturer and/or Connected Devices.
- The majority of our products have been sourced locally but from time-to-time we also look to international markets to bring you the products you want.
- Sometimes these products sourced in international markets may not have an English manual; please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org if this is the case with your product.
- Pre-Owned Products usually carry only a 3 month warranty but at times may carry no warranty at all. Please get in touch with us if you would like to confirm any warranty details before ordering one of these products.
- Where products have been imported from international markets, these products may differ in benefit and/or after sales support than the same product sourced in South Africa. These products will be identified in the product title with the wording "Special Import".
- Where Samsung and Huawei products are imported directly by Connected Devices or a non-authorized Samsung and/or Huawei distributor, these products do not benefit from the exclusive offer in place by Samsung South Africa. This includes but is not limited to, the Wi-Fi offer, ADH Cover and Extended 24 Month Warranty period.
- These Samsung and/or Huawei devices carry a minimum 12-month warranty warranty, supported by Connected Devices in South Africa and not from the local manufacturer/distributor of the product.
- These products will be identified in the product title with the wording "Special Import"
- In addition, certain manufacturers in South Africa may offer specific benefits for products purchased through the channel in South Africa which include but are not limited to: Free Screen Replacements; Water Damage Cover; Memberships; Extended Warranty Periods.
- Where products are imported directly by Connected Devices, these products may not include these and/or other benefits. These products will be identified in the product title with the wording "Special Import"
- As per of our commitment to providing a simple and hassle-free return experience, we are pleased to offer a loan device whilst your warranty return is being dealt with by us and/or the repair partner /supplier.
- We will strive to offer a loan device that is as close / similar to your device, but this is not always possible subject to availability.
- Your original device will need to be received by us before a loan device will be shipped to you.
- You will be required to sign a loan device agreement form which will need to be returned to us together with a copy of your ID and recent (within 3 months) proof of address before a loan device will be shipped to you.
- A condition report of the loan device will also need to be signed before the loan device will be shipped to you. The condition report will detail the overall condition of the device as well as a replacement value which will be payable by you in the event of any loss/damage.
- The loan device will be shipped with a charger only.
- When your warranty return has been completed, the loan device will need to be returned to us and inspected (in accordance with our condition report) before your warranty return/replacement will be dispatched.