This returns policy forms part of our Terms of service.
We believe that returning your product should be as easy as it was when you placed your order for it.
We require all returns for any reason to have an RA Number. Pretty much all items on Connected Devices can be returned for any reason for a full refund except items that we’ve ordered specially for you. These items are indicated by “Special Import” in the title of the product.
For any queries on the above or our policy or to get an RA Number, please get in touch via email@example.com
Changed your Mind Return ?
- You have 7 days from the date of receipt to return a product to us for any reason whatsoever.
- This is in accordance with Section 44 of the ECT Act.
- Section 44 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act is only applicable if you are a natural person – ie/ a human being. You must also be the end user of the product. If you qualify as a consumer under the ECT Act, you may be entitled to cancel some electronic transactions within seven days, without reason or penalty.
- Returning the products is at your own expense. If we arrange a collection of the products from you, these costs will be deducted from the amount that will be refunded to you.
- We require all products to be returned in new, saleable condition with all packaging intact. Handling fees may apply if any of the conditions are not met.
- You will be refunded the purchase price of the goods within 7 days following receipt of your return (less any expenses/fees).
The following products cannot be returned in terms of the ECT Act:
Items which have been specially ordered for you, marked by “Special Import” in the title.
Warranty Return ?
- All products purchased from us have a minimum of a 6 month warranty unless these items are refurbished or demo items. We offer free pick-up for all warranty returns.
- In accordance with the terms of the CPA of 2008, assuming you qualify as a consumer, then all of our goods sold to you are sold with an implied warranty of quality against any defects for six months of normal household or business use, from the time we supplied the goods.
- We will replace, repair, or refund the price of any faulty products that you return to us during the 6 month mandatory period with the exception of refurbished or demo items.
- For all products where the title states "Local Stock", the full manufacturer warranty is provided, normally a minimum of 12 months.
- For all products where the title states "Special Import", a warranty is provided exclusively by Connected Devices, normally a minimum of 6 months.
- For refurbished, demo products or open-box products, a warranty is provided by Connected Devices and/or the manufacturer, normally a minimum of 3 months.
- All products will be inspected on arrival to confirm fault.
- If you are unable to be available for a free pick-up of your return, you may also send the item back to us. We only accept items delivered to our physical address; we do not collect from the Post Office.
- Please ensure your item is packaged securely and insured against any loss/damage or theft in transit.
- We will notify you once we have received your return.
- Once the goods have been inspected, if any misuse of negligence has been found, we will notify you and this may prevent us from issuing you part / full refund.
- If you would like your item replaced or repaired, we will notify of the applicable next steps pending your preference.
- If you have opted for a refund, this will be processed to your original payment method unless you have requested otherwise, within 7 calendar days of receipt of your return. Please allow up to 21 calendar days for Credit Card refunds to reflect depending on your bank.
- You may at any time take a matter up with the Consumer Goods and Services ombudsman via www.cgso.org.za or you may also use any other dispute resolution body and/or take legal action. The procedures recommended for dispute resolution under the CPA do not always apply to every order with us.
If you’re not satisfied for any reason, please reach out to us without delay via firstname.lastname@example.org
- We pride ourselves on the highest level of customer satisfaction by offering incredible service, respecting our customers’ rights and ensuring compliance with best practice and all local legislation.
Web Ship Return ?
- Something wrong with your shipment? That’s embarrassing! We’ll refund you or replace the item that is either incorrect or doesn’t match up to the description on our website.
- There is no additional cost for this.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com within 24 hours following the day of receipt.
Warranty Period ?
- In addition to the statutory warranty on most products (excluding demo and/or refurb), there is an additional warranty period supplied either directly by the manufacturer and/or Connected Devices.
- The majority of our products have been sourced locally but from time-to-time we also look to international markets to bring you the products you want.
- Sometimes these products sourced in international markets may not have an English manual; please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org if this is the case with your product.
- Demo and/or Refurbished Products usually carry only a 3 month warranty but at times may carry no warranty at all. Please get in touch with us if you would like to confirm any warranty details before ordering one of these products.
- Where products have been imported from international markets, these products may differ in benefit and/or after sales support than the same product sourced in South Africa. These products will be identified in the product title with the wording "Special Import".
- Where Samsung products are imported directly by Connected Devices or a non-authorized Samsung distributor, these products do not benefit from the exclusive offer in place by Samsung South Africa. This includes but is not limited to, the Wi-Fi offer, ADH Cover and Extended 24 Month Warranty period.
- These Samsung devices carry a minimum 6-month warranty and maximum 12 month warranty, supported by Connected Devices in South Africa and not from the local manufacturer/distributor of the product.
- These products will be identified in the product title with the wording "Special Import"
- In addition, certain manufacturers in South Africa may offer specific benefits for products purchased through the channel in South Africa which include but are not limited to: Free Screen Replacements; Water Damage Cover; Memberships; Extended Warranty Periods.
- Where products are imported directly by Connected Devices, these products may not include these and/or other benefits. These products will be identified in the product title with the wording "Special Import"
N.B: Whilst the majority of products offered on the Connected Devices Online Store have been sourced locally, where products have been imported by Connected Devices, the importation of these products is done without the approval of the manufacturer or approved distributor in South Africa. As a result, these products do not benefit from the local support and/or warranty in place by the local manufacturer and/or their appointed distributor.
All products are supported by Connected Devices in South Africa for a minimum of 6 months, up to 24 months depending on the product concerned.
On each product page under the “Product Description”, CONNECTED DEVICES endeavors to give clear and thorough information regarding the presentation of the Products' essential technical specifications.
CONNECTED DEVICES endeavors to provide all the Products on the Connected Devices Store with the corresponding image. However, CONNECTED DEVICES does not warrant that information, graphic depictions, and Product descriptions or other content of the Connected Devices Store is accurate, complete, reliable, updated, current, or error-free even though all endeavors are made to reflect the correctness of same. To obtain confirmation for Product's specifications, please send an email to email@example.com