Samsung Galaxy Fold 5G (512GB, Cosmos Black, Special Import)
Buy the Samsung Galaxy Fold 5G (512GB) in Cosmos Black from Connected Devices.
Please note this product is a "Special Import" item which means that we import it for you, once an order is placed and paid for. Normally, these items arrive with us within 7-10 working days from order assuming no issues with stock availability. All "Special Import" items carry a warranty of 12 months. A restocking fee will apply for returns under the "Change of Mind" clause, due to the product being imported specially for you.
Samsung Galaxy Fold
A Smartphone. A Tablet. Folded into One.
The Galaxy Fold is Samsung's highly anticipated next-generation mobile device. Featuring the world's first 7.3" Infinity Flex Display for incredible productivity and media experiences, Galaxy Fold folds into a compact device with a cover display for use as a traditional smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy Fold Key Features
This innovative device from Samsung is creating a new category of mobile device. Galaxy Fold delivers a large screen tablet/super phone experience in a form factor that transforms into a compact and portable handset, still capable of performing all the tasks expected of a traditional smartphone.
Developing such a device is the culmination of over 8 years of research and development, following the debut of Samsung's first prototype flexible display in 2011. Since then, the display technology has evolved exponentially, along with the materials and engineering required to create a product suitable for the modern consumer technology landscape of 2019.
New Display Materials
The Infinity Flex display doesn't just bend; it folds. Folding is a motion that involves the entire display surface, rather than having a section that simply bends.
Samsung has invented a new robust polymer layer, as well as creating a display around 50% thinner than found on a typical smartphone. This new composite material not only delivers Galaxy Fold's flexibility, it also ensures a tough, resilient and long-lasting finish.
New Hinging Mechanism
Galaxy Fold opens and closes smoothly and naturally, just like a book. Whether moving to compact or open states, the result is a perfectly aligned or flat surface with a satisfying click at the apex of the motion.
Achieving this required a novel engineering solution. The sophisticated hinge in the centre of the Galaxy Fold features multiple interlocking gears. This gearing system is hidden inside an enclosure, providing a clean, seamless and sleek silhouette in keeping with the Galaxy range's minimal design language.
New Interactions and Interface
With a completely new form-factor, there is no reference for how to make the interface and user-interaction intuitive. From the placement of physical connectors, buttons and sensors on a device that changes shape, to managing software transition between two completely separate and differently-sized screens, everything about Galaxy Fold is a first.
Even balancing the device in the hand is an interesting challenge, with two separate, yet connected pieces in the chassis. To avoid a final product with a skewed centre of gravity, Samsung has incorporated two batteries - one in either side - and developed a new power-sharing system to keep them charging/discharging in tandem.
Multi-Active Window allows you to run 3 apps simultaneously on the main tablet screen, in a variety of size configurations.
App Continuity is a new system to allow transition from the cover screen to the main screen (and back again) as Galaxy Fold is opened and closed. The cover screen can run any Android app, such as Maps. When you open the device, the same app will already be loaded exactly where you were - even if you were halfway through typing a message - and scaled into the correct form factor for the larger screen, including any additional app features available at that size.
Samsung has made the App Continuity API available to developers, so all major apps can and should support the system correctly, as well as any smaller independent apps that choose to implement the system.
Reasons to buy Samsung Galaxy Fold
- Folding clamshell design: internal tablet display and external display for traditional smartphone use
- Samsung Galaxy Buds included
- Android 9 (Pie) with Samsung OneUI
- 7.3 inch 1536 x 2152 Folding Dynamic AMOLED display (16 : 10 ratio)
- 4.6 inch HD+ Super AMOLED cover display (21:9)
- Qualcomm SDM855 Octa-Core processor (1x 2.84 | 3x 2.42 | 4x 1.8 GHz)
- 512GB storage with 12GB RAM
- microSD support (up to 512GB)
- TRIPLE 12+12+16MP main cameras with OIS, dual pixel phase-detection autofocus
- DUAL 10+8MP selfie cameras with autofocus
- 10MP exterior camera on cover display
- 4,380 mAh battery with fast charging and wireless charging (Qi or PMA)
- Bluetooth 5.0 / GPS / Dual-Band Wi-Fi / NFC
- USB Type-C / Dedicated Bixby button
What's in the box?
- Samsung Galaxy Fold
- 2 piece Kevlar case
- Sim card ejector tool
- AKG Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds
- Fast charger
- USB C to full size USB dongle
- USB C to USB A cable
The dispatch time from our warehouse in Johannesburg varies based on the availability status of a product. Please note errors with availability may be encountered, in some instances without prior notice.
"In Stock" - These products normally ship within 1 working day.
"Available To Order" - Products which are available to order typically ship from us in 7-10 working days from order, assuming no issues with availability.
"Unavailable To Order" - These products are currently unavailable to order. In the event consistent supply becomes available, they will be made available for ordering.
Once your order has been shipped from us, delivery can be expected anywhere from 1-3 working days following the shipped notification. Delivery times are dependent on your location however can be influenced by external factors such as weather delays, load-shedding, traffic and overall volume of packages.
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for any more information concerning product delivery times.
- We offer free delivery throughout South Africa, irrespective of the value of your order.
- All deliveries are done to your door and are fully insured.
- Deliveries take place on weekdays only, during normal business hours.
- Once you've received a notification that your order has been shipped, you will receive notifications at every status throughout the delivery. You can expect your parcel to arrive usually anywhere from 1-3 working days after this notification.
- For information on product lead-times, please view the "Delivery Times" tab.
- You also have the option to collect your order from our warehouse in Johannesburg, on weekdays only.
- Please reach out to us via email@example.com for any queries regarding the above.
- For all products where the title states "Local Stock", the full manufacturer warranty is provided, normally a minimum of 12 months.
- For all products where the title states "Special Import", a warranty is provided exclusively by Connected Devices, normally a minimum of 12 months.
- For "Pre-Owned", we provide a minimum 3 month warranty. In some cases, the product still has the manufacturer warranty, which would be indicated on the product page.
Returning Goods ?
Simple, Hassle-Free Returns. We believe that returning your product should be as easy as it was when you placed your order for it.
- We offer free returns, so we'll arrange the pick-up of your item and return it back to you at no cost. This does not apply to change of mind returns.
Pretty much all items on Connected Devices can be returned for any reason for a full refund except items that we’ve ordered specially for you. These items are indicated by “Special Import” in the title of the product.
For any queries on the above or our policy please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
Changed your Mind Return ?
- You have 7 days from the date of receipt to return a product to us for any reason whatsoever. This is in accordance with Section 44 of the ECT Act. Note that items marked as "Special Import" which have been imported specially for you, cannot be returned under this clause. These products can still be returned should they develop a fault, during the warranty period.