LG K40 (Pre-Owned, 32GB, Dual Sim, Blue, Special import)
Buy the LG K40 (32GB) Dual Sim from Connected Devices,
This device is in stock in South Africa
This device appears to be brand new and does not show any visible signs of use. It is supplied complete in it's original box with all original unused accessories including power adapter, usb cable, sim tool and booklets.
The remainder of manufacturer warranty supported by Connected Devices is in place for a minimum of 6 months.
Connected Devices offers a minimum 3 month warranty on all Pre-Owned devices.
An unassuming affordable mid-range phone that features a surprising amount of technology.
The LG Q60, K50 and K40 have a lot in common, with the most prominent difference being their main camera setups. The baby of the bunch is the comparatively humble LG K40; it sports a smaller screen than its launch siblings and is also only laden with a single rear snapper in place of the K50’s dual and the Q60’s triple rear sensor arrangement.
Despite its unassuming nature, however, the K40 benefits from a number of technologies that you wouldn’t necessarily expect to see on such an otherwise conservative phone like this.
The K40 is fronted by a 5.7-inch 18:9 HD+ FullVision display that seems perfectly usable on first impressions, albeit with colour shifting present when viewed off-angle and some sizeable bezels surrounding it. Some might not appreciate the 282ppi pixel density either, with fine text and other elements like the rounded corners of app icons appearing poorly defined and pixelated.
The design of the K40 seems unremarkable at first; with a metal form (which can be had in blue or grey) that’s devoid of any surface texturing or the eye-catching aesthetics of the more premium glass backs on the K50 and Q60. There’s microUSB at the base for charging and data in place of USB-C, which is now the norm for a lot of smartphones from the last year or so.
What the K40 does offer is impressive ruggedisation without looking like it’s built to be so hardy. The K40’s hardware is MIL-STD 810G compliant, meaning it’s been subjected to all manner of harsh conditions and come out the other end still ticking.
When plugging a pair of buds or cans into the integrated 3.5mm headphone jack, users can also benefit from DTS:X 3D Surround Sound – a feature I was able to test out on the booth that simulates a 7.1 virtual surround sound setup. It undoubtedly works and has its appeal, but how beneficial the resultant experience is hinges on the content in question and that the software is able to mix it effectively.
There’s also the matter of the cameras, with a 16-megapixel primary single sensor that comes with both Google Lens integration and a dedicated ‘AI Cam’ mode. To quote LG’s own press release, with this enabled the K40 “magically recognises objects it sees and recommends the ideal shooting mode for the best results.”
It’s essentially AI scene detection as found on Huawei’s, Xiaomi’s and Sony’s phones, albeit without a clear picture of just how many scenes the system is capable of detecting. It should at least take some of the guesswork out of getting a half-decent shots from the phone’s cameras (as this mode is also available on the front camera).
Selfie fans will also appreciate the front-facing LED flash that LG has bestowed upon the 8-megapixel front-facing camera; a feature that we’ll no doubt test outcome full review time.
*5.7-inch 720 x 1440 IPS LCD
*32GB storage w/ microSD up to 2TB
*2GHz octa-core chipset
*16-megapixel main camera w/ flash
*8-megapixel front camera w/ flash
*3.5mm headphone jack
*Rear fingerprint sensor
*Android 9.0 Pie
*DTS:X 3D Surround Sound
*Google Assistant button
What's in the box?
*LG K40 Device
*Quick Start Guide
*USB C Cable
The dispatch time from our warehouse in Johannesburg varies based on the availability status of a product. Please note errors with availability may be encountered, in some instances without prior notice.
"In Stock" - These products normally ship within 1 working day.
"Available To Order" - Products which are available to order typically ship from us in 7-10 working days from order, assuming no issues with availability.
"Unavailable To Order" - These products are currently unavailable to order. In the event consistent supply becomes available, they will be made available for ordering.
Once your order has been shipped from us, delivery can be expected anywhere from 1-3 working days following the shipped notification. Delivery times are dependent on your location however can be influenced by external factors such as weather delays, load-shedding, traffic and overall volume of packages.
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for any more information concerning product delivery times.
- We offer free delivery throughout South Africa, irrespective of the value of your order.
- All deliveries are done to your door and are fully insured.
- Deliveries take place on weekdays only, during normal business hours.
- Once you've received a notification that your order has been shipped, you will receive notifications at every status throughout the delivery. You can expect your parcel to arrive usually anywhere from 1-3 working days after this notification.
- For information on product lead-times, please view the "Delivery Times" tab.
- You also have the option to collect your order from our warehouse in Johannesburg, on weekdays only.
- Please reach out to us via email@example.com for any queries regarding the above.
- For all products where the title states "Local Stock", the full manufacturer warranty is provided, normally a minimum of 12 months.
- For all products where the title states "Special Import", a warranty is provided exclusively by Connected Devices, normally a minimum of 12 months.
- For "Pre-Owned", we provide a minimum 3 month warranty. In some cases, the product still has the manufacturer warranty, which would be indicated on the product page.
Returning Goods ?
Simple, Hassle-Free Returns. We believe that returning your product should be as easy as it was when you placed your order for it.
- We offer free returns, so we'll arrange the pick-up of your item and return it back to you at no cost. This does not apply to change of mind returns.
Pretty much all items on Connected Devices can be returned for any reason for a full refund except items that we’ve ordered specially for you. These items are indicated by “Special Import” in the title of the product.
For any queries on the above or our policy please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
Changed your Mind Return ?
- You have 7 days from the date of receipt to return a product to us for any reason whatsoever. This is in accordance with Section 44 of the ECT Act. Note that items marked as "Special Import" which have been imported specially for you, cannot be returned under this clause. These products can still be returned should they develop a fault, during the warranty period.